The Power of Microfibre
Microfibre is a synthetic fibre finer than 1 denier. To put this into context, it is 1/100th the thickness of a human hair and 1/20th a strand of silk!
Microfibre has many benefits:
- It lifts the dirt from the surface and stores the particles in the cloth until it is washed.
- When it is placed in a warm to hot water, the fiber opens up and releases the dirt.
- It can be washed with clean water alone.
- The fibres can absorb up to eight times its own weight in water.
- Microfibre costs more, but is more economical because they last longer and can be washed compared to other cloths.
- It dries the surface more quickly so water is not left behind.
- Microfibre is lint free so it is ideal to clean glass.
Microfibre and Floor Restorer
- At Floor Restorer we use Microfibre everyday and it is our recommendation Stone Aftercare.
- Microfibre varies enormously in quality. Our cloths are made from superior Italian microfibre, the best quality available, and ideal for your natural stone floor.
- We sell them as part of our Floor Restorer Maintenance Kit, but you can also purchase them separately.
- The pack contains two professional quality cloths, one heavy duty for initial cleaning and one fine for buffing.
- The heavy duty cloth is very robust and maintains its function even after many washes.
- The fine cloth is super absorbent and leaves your polished floor dry, streak free with no linting.
- Both cloths are washable up to 90 degrees without softener.
View Product >
Back to Blog listings